What comes to your mind at the mention of ‘Burj Khalifa’? Magnificence, wonder, or what exactly do you think? A good guess would be affluence and beauty. The spectacular skyscraper is undoubtedly Dubai’s most iconic destination as it gracefully soars high at over 828 meters with over 160 stories making it the tallest building in the world.
Viewing Burj Khalifa at a distance, one would be forgiven for thinking it’s metallic. It looks like a silvery pillar, but a closer look at it dispels all the doubts. It’s Aluminium like the one on digital billboards.
The breathtaking tower hosts a range of some of the finest restaurants, residences, clubs and much more as follows:
The 900 prestigious residences feature homes, studios, single, double, triple and four bedroom suites designed for the modern connoisseur. The homes are located on levels 19 to 108 of Burj Khalifa. The homes boast a rich array of amenities, offer residents, world-class fitness facilities, indoor/outdoor swimming pools, Jacuzzis, sky Lobbies, recreation room, and to cap it an unrivaled lifestyle experience.
Notable is Giorgio Armani residences personally designed by Giorgio Armani. They exude Giorgio Armani’s sophisticated and unique style, maximizing on space whilst showcasing high-quality furnishings. The icing on the cake is furnishings are complemented by an exclusive array of accessories designed by Armani/Casa.
The contemporary restaurant features an exclusive private dining room and a deluxe lounge. The scene here promises an unforgettable dining experience with delicious dishes accompanied by the irresistible panoramic views of the city and beyond.
The top deck is popularly known as ‘At the Top Burj Khalifa’, and it's an observatory located across levels 125-148. For your information, it's the world’s highest outdoor observation deck. Being here not only marks the highlight of any visit to the Middle East but also gives a taste of a world record experience.
Armani hotel is world’s first hotel designed and developed by Giorgio Armani. Every detail of the hotel features Armani signature starting from the warm Italian-style hospitality, Eramosa stone floors, and Zebrawood panels. Armani hotel is just a futuristic experience.
Besides being the tallest building, Burj Khalifa impressively breaks other records including:
- Burj Khalifa is named after the ruler of Abu Dhabi, Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed
- The tower is located in downtown Dubai close to the largest mall in the world, Dubai Mall.
- Standing at 828 meters (2,716.5ft) Burj Khalifa is 3 times as tall as the Eiffel tower, and nearly twice as tall as the Empire state building. In fact, if laid end to end, its pieces would stretch over a quarter of the way around the world.
- Other than being the tallest building in the world, Burj Khalifa holds other six world records: The tallest freestanding structure in the world, highest occupied floor in the world, highest observation outdoor deck in the world, fastest elevator with the longest travel distance worldwide and tallest service elevator on earth.
- The weight of the Tower’s concrete is equivalent to 100,000 elephants and a total weight of aluminum equivalent to that of five A380 aircraft.
- 15 million gallons of water are collected sustainably, annually
- Burj Khalifa’s design resembles the Hymenocallis flower with the central core emerging at the top and culminating in a sculpted spire.
- The upper level of the tower is complete with stoic stick esque pillar which can be swept up to approximately 1m by strong winds..
- The observation deck opens from 10am-10pm Sunday through Wednesday and 10am-12midnight Thursday through Saturday. Please note the last entry is 45 mins prior to closing.
- Near the entrance there’s a free bag check just remember your bags on your way out.
- The observation deck is accessed from the lower level of Dubai Mall.
- You can take a souvenir photograph taken at the entrance of the 125th floor to show off the unforgettable experience to close ones.
- On special occasions, you can catch the most magical display of Burj Khalifa’s audacious display of lights, fireworks and dancing fountains that move to the beat and the rhythm of the music.
Indeed Burj Khalifa is more than just iconic. Its dominance is felt on a global scale rightfully, making it one of the spots you want to slot in your bucket list. It’s a promise of an unforgettable experience like no other.